4 July 2010
Next Sunday: 11 July 2010
- 11 am
- Worship led by the Rev Mary Patterson
We give the assurance of our thoughts and prayers to all who are unwell, awaiting or undergoing treatment, or anxious or grieving for the loss of loved ones.
Envelopes in support of Methodist Homes are available for return in the offertory plate today or in forthcoming weeks.
General Church Meeting
The annual General Church Meeting will be held on Saturday
10th July - coffee at 10 am for 10.30 am start to c 12 noon.
EVERYONE is invited for both the necessary formal business
(elections of Church Stewards, representatives to Church
Council, Communion Stewards) and a time of exploration of
our shared life and calling as Methodists centred in Dundee.
The meeting will also include expression of Dundee's
farewell and good wishes to the Rev David Firth whose ministry
is to continue in Carlisle and the Cumbria District from September.
|Date & time||Venue||Details|
|Sunday 4th July 2010, 5.15 pm
Castle Green, Broughty Ferry
||Broughty Ferry Churches Group is this year to participate
in the annual Gala by having a stall at the Gala Event. There
will also be a 45-minute “Songs of Praise” for
which our support is (even more warmly) invited - bring
your own seating / wet weather venue is St James' Church.
Offers of help to Kate Green, please.
|Thursday 8th July 2010, 9.30 for 10 am
Scottish Churches House
||International Theological Summer School seminar
“Vision for the Future”,
to celebrate the centenary of the 1910 Edinburgh
Conference. Cost £25.
For further details please see the notice board,
Summer School site or
contact SCH (01786 823588).
|Saturday 10th July, 10.30 am - coffee served from 10 am
||Dundee Methodist Church
||General Church Meeting. There will be election of Church Stewards and
representatives to the Church Council - please consider
this prayerfully and give any nominations to the Rev Mary
Patterson or a Church Steward.
Support other Organisations
Scottish Churches House Prayer Network
Prayers are invited in coming weeks for meetings and events
in the House, especially the International Theological Summer
School (26th June - 9th July), also Rowan Consultancy,
Epiphany Individual Retreats, Scottish Association of
Chaplains in Healthcare, Birthday Open Day (Saturday 17th July). Continuing prayerful support is also invited for those involved in the on-going SCH governance process.
Scottish Bible Society
Our support through the Bible-a-Month Club is invited for work in Syria. See noticeboard for more information.
Our prayerful attention is drawn this and coming weeks to
- migrants crossing Europe “often neglected, harassed and hated even though fleeing from famine, war and persecution”;
- publication of Old Testament passages for the Orthodox liturgy in today's Greek, and travelling Bible exhibition;
- schools' ministry project in Malta;
- reception of free New Testaments by schoolchildren in Cyprus, with plans for similar distribution to army personnel awaiting approval.
|Date & time||Venue||Details|
|17th July 2010
Scottish Churches House,
1 Kirk Street,
||Scottish Churches House Jubilee
Birthday Open Day. This will begin with
a “Gathering” at 12.15 pm and conclude with a
Celebratory Act of Worship in Dunblane Cathedral at 5 pm,
with various events during the afternoon & refreshments
available. There is no charge but any “birthday
gifts” will go towards a House Programme Fund to set
up programme events and offer bursaries to individuals. All are invited, whether users and visitors often in the
House or those wishing to see round for the first time.
Prayer Points for this week
- The President of Conference, Rev Alison Tomlin and the Vice-President, Deacon Eunice Attwood;
- “Breakout” Youth event;
- the peoples of India (Christian Aid);
- outpatient clinic for the West Bank (BibleLands);
- Bible Society work in Paraguay;
- presentations at Conference (Methodist Homes);
- we pray with and for the peoples of Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay;
- we remember fellow Methodists in the Mendips (Bristol
District) and in Cullen (North of Scotland Mission Circuit).