18 December 2016
25 December 2016
- 10:30 am
- Celebratory Worship led by the Rev Nick Baker
We give the assurance of our thoughts and prayers to all who are unwell, awaiting or undergoing treatment, anxious, or grieving for the loss of loved ones.
Haiti Hurricane Appeal update
The Methodist Haiti Hurricane Appeal has now raised more
than £54,000 following the devastation of Hurricane
Matthew in October. So far, money has been spent on essential
food supplies as well as resources to support the rebuilding of
homes and schools that were damaged.
Action for Children
Donations in support of Action for Children during this Christmas season
may be made via envelopes put in the offering
plate or by donation to the Church Treasurer.
Methodist ClothesBank - holiday opening
Please note that the ClothesBank will officially be open during
Christmas and New-Year holidays on Thursdays but not Mondays.
Dundee Food Bank: update
Liz passes on a special request for any items appropriate to or suitable for the Christmas season.
The rota for 2017 is now available from Elaine, to whom thanks are expressed for undertaking this work.
Methodist Prayer Handbook 2017-18: contributions
The 2017/2018 Handbook will be entitled 'Jesus the First and
Last' and based on celebrating the Jesus of history, the Christ of
faith and our cosmic Lord; the first word and the last word, which
has not yet been spoken. This title comes from two hymns, 'Jesus,
the First and Last', by Charles Wesley and 'This, this is the God
we adore', by Joseph Hart.
Contributions of prayers are invited: these should not exceed
120 words or 12 lines and must be your copyright. Shorter prayers
and prayers for specific themes or countries are more likely to be used.
More information, and how to submit.
The deadline for submission is Thursday 12th January 2017.
Support other Organisations
Scottish Bible Society
Our support via the Bible-a-Month Club is invited in December for work in Uzbekistan.
Our prayerful attention is drawn to
- production of Children's Bibles and other resources
by the Bible Society in Nepal;
- Bolivian Bible Society producing resources to promote
and reaffirm Bible-based family values;
- work of Bible Society in Mexico with local churches to
provide New Testament audio Bible Studies in 10 different
languages for indigenous communities;
This registered charitable
organisation is based at
Units 1 & 2, South Dudhope Mill, 73-75
Douglas Street DD1 5AN. It aims to
- advance environmental protection and improvement through
waste reduction and recycling
- provision of unemployment relief through opportunities for skill-building and volunteering;
- promotion of education and awareness in sustainable use of resources.
To know more, ask Liz; phone (01382) 228986 or 228806;
website. There is a membership form on the noticeboard
in library area.
Prayer Points for this week
- the Methodist Presidency and the Connexional Team;
- the world church celebrating Christmas;
- Christmas and New Year among Scotland's Methodists;
- work in the Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury District (Methodist Homes);
- Christians throughout the Middle East (Embrace);
- refugees, migrants, homeless people (Christian Aid);
- Bible Society work in Uzbekistan;
- work in north central India (The Leprosy Mission);
- work in Papua New Guinea (MAF);
- we pray with and for the peoples of Benin, CÔte d'Ivoire
- we remember fellow Methodists in the
Lancashire West Circuit (Liverpool District) and in
Orkney, Fair Isle and Shetland (Shetland District).