3 January 2016
10 January 2016
- 11 am
- Worship led by Mrs Marcia Mackenzie
We give the assurance of our thoughts and prayers to all who are unwell, awaiting or undergoing treatment, anxious, or grieving for the loss of loved ones.
Cumbria 2015 Flood Appeal
The total raised so far through a Retiring Offering is £58.00.
Further contributions may be made through the Retiring Offering plate
by the door or to the Church Treasurer.
Ministry in the Circuit
After long and careful consideration, the Rev John Butterfield has offered for and been accepted as a presbyter (Minister) in the Church of Scotland; after a short period of “probation”, he expects to become a Parish Minister in Scotland.
This means that he will cease to act as a stationed Methodist Minster on our Plan at the end of the current Quarter (ie from the beginning of March).
We assure John and his wife Caroline of the support and prayers of Dundee Methodists at this time of transition and change, and into the future.
We also extend the assurance of our support to Circuit and District colleagues as they take up his responsibilities in various spheres of church life.
Support other Organisations
Scottish Bible Society
Our support via the Bible-a-Month Club is invited in December for work in Colombia and in January for work in The Gulf States.
Our prayerful attention in the next weeks is drawn to
- publication of a Shona study Bible for the 60% of the population of Zimbabwe speaking this language;
- Faith comes by Hearing project in Uzbekistan;
- provision of Scriptures and storytellers for migrant workers in The Gulf States;
- production of Bibles in sign language by the Bible Society of Argentina;
- work with young people in Austria through the Bible Centre in Vienna;
- SBS's new partnership with Macmillan Distribution, the Bibleworld Team, and continuing work on the New Testament translation into modern Gaelic.
Prayer Points for this week
- the President of the Methodist Conference in South-East England on the weekend of 9th - 10th January;
- work in the Cornwall District (Methodist Homes);
- partner GARR's continuing rehabilitation and reconstruction work in Haiti 6 years after the major earthquake (Christian Aid);
- Bible Society work in The Gulf States;
- Bethlehem Arab Society for Rehabilitation working with disabled people and the seriously injured from all over Palestine (Embrace);
- work in north central and north east India (The Leprosy Mission);
- flying, world-wide (MAF);
- we pray with and for the peoples of the countries of the Middle East (WCC);
- we remember fellow Methodists in
Nottingham Trent Valley Circuit
(Nottingham and Derby District) and Derby District) and our Circuit friends based in Montrose (Angus, Dundee and Perthshire Circuit).