27 March 2016
3 April 2016
- 11 am
- Worship led by Jenny Easson
We give the assurance of our thoughts and prayers to all who are unwell, awaiting or undergoing treatment, anxious, or grieving for the loss of loved ones.
Envelopes may be returned in the regular offering plate from today.
A Service, including Holy Communion, will be held in Scott Street, Perth this evening at
6pm to mark Jenny Easson's 40 years as a Local Preacher and to say “thanks
and goodbye” from the Circuit to John Butterfield.
Perth are to provide drinks before for those who are travelling a distance and
wish to bring packed sandwiches; tea, coffee and biscuits will be served after the
Service to facilitate a time of informal conversation.
All are welcome - if you would like or can offer help with transport, please
contact Jenny Easson.
District Synod - stewarding help requested
Spring Synod this year is to be hosted by our Circuit on Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd April.
The Ministerial Session will take place in Arbroath on the Friday, the Representative Session in Central Baptist Church Dundee on the Saturday.
Sue Marshall-Jennings, as Senior Circuit Steward, will be grateful to hear from anyone who can offer help in stewarding during the Saturday session.
The Scottish Churches Parliamentary Office: Election Resources
SCPO has put together a
collection of topical briefings on subjects including Economy; Constitution; People
and Parliament; Policing; Crime and Punishment; Education; Food Poverty, Housing and
Homelessness; Land reform; Health Refugees and Migration; Europe and External Affairs,
Environment, Energy and Climate Change.
Presidential Easter Messages
The President and Vice-President of Conference have issued
messages to read or listen to.
Meetings this week
|Date & time
|Thursday, 31st March to Saturday 2nd April.
Paisley Methodist Central Hall, 2 Gauze Street, Paisley PA1 1EP
|An Exhibition in Art: “Seeing the New Testament
for what it is”, by Rev David Palmer (a
former Minister in Paisley). The
Exhibition will be open on
Thursday 31st March (4pm to 6pm), Friday 1st April (10am to 6pm) and
Saturday 2nd April (10am to 1pm).
There will also be an Informal Talk by the Rev David Palmer at 11am
on the Saturday, entitled “New Testament: New Testimony to
the Skills of the Writers and First Readers”.
Scottish Bible Society
Our support via the Bible-a-Month Club is invited in March for work in Paraguay
and in April for work in Cambodia.
Our prayerful attention this week is drawn to
- use of the New Testament translated into Blin
in Eritrea and current translation project for the New Testament into that language;
- continuing translation work on a new edition of the Hebrew Bible by the
Bible Society in Germany - several volumes have already been produced;
- new translation of the Bible into Khmer in Cambodia where an estimated
300-400,000 Christians need a full range of Scripture material; the Bibles are
printed in Korea and a long painful process is entailed in importing them.
|Date & time
|Sunday 10th April 2016, 5.30pm
|Julia Reid's Service of Admission as a Local Preacher.
Julia, formerly of Perth, first offered herself for training as a Local Preacher in this Circuit.
She has now successfully completed the Local Preacher training course;
send her our congratulations and best wishes for the Service and beyond.
The service will be followed by a 'faith tea'. Everyone is welcome to attend.
|Wednesday 13th April 2016, 7.30pm to 9pm
Ferry Baptist Church
|Scottish Parliamentary Election: Hustings for the Dundee
East constituency. Anyone is welcome to come and participate on the night.
Prayer Points for this week
- the people of Belgium, all victims of terrorist bombings;
- the President of Conference at the Equipping
Calling Going event in Scarborough from Wednesday;
- Methodist Council next weekend;
- Circuit Superintendents in the Scotland District;
- the Circuit's preachers, ordained and lay;
- residents, staff and supporters in the Plymouth and Exeter District
- Deccan Development Society working with Dhalit women in southern India (Christian Aid);
- Syrian refugees in Lebanon (Embrace);
- promotional work world-wide (The Leprosy Mission);
- the UK team (Mission Aviation Fellowship);
- Bible Society work in Paraguay and in Cambodia;
- we pray with and for the peoples of Brunei, Malaysia, and Singapore (WCC);
- we remember fellow Methodists in the
Pendle Circuit (Lancashire District) and in
Pollokshaws (Strathclyde Circuit).