13 August 2017
20 August 2017
- 11 am
- Worship, led by the Rev Nick Baker, including the Sacrament of Holy Communion
- Communion Offering (plate at entry upstairs) for The Benevolence Fund
We give the assurance of our thoughts and prayers to all who are unwell, awaiting or undergoing treatment, anxious, or grieving for the loss of loved ones.
Mondays 10am -12 noon (i/c Liz)
Thursdays 1pm - 3pm (i/c Sue)
- new Volunteers please contact Sue or Liz
- donations of clothing welcome
- 'Rag bag' collection point: table at top of stairs - recycle and fund-raise!
- Starter Packs are desperately in need of curtains or material: spare curtains no longer needed by you would be very much appreciated.
The previously publicised dates will be changed; the proposed new arrangements will be notified when available.
Circuit Service of Welcome
The Service to formally welcome the Rev Nik Wooller to the Circuit will be held on Sunday 27th August at 3pm in Scott Street Methodist Church, Perth. We are all very warmly invited to show our support for and to meet Nik. If you can offer or wish help with transport, please advise a Church Steward.
Large Print News-sheet
It has been suggested that some of our congregation might find a large print copy of the news-sheet easier to read than the “usual size of print”.
A first edition was produced last week - please pass any feedback to David or Jenny Easson.
Iona Community Autumn Programme
The Iona Community is delighted to announce a short programme for autumn 2017 to be run in conjunction with the St Columba Hotel on Iona whilst the Community centres are closed for refurbishment and maintenance work. Details of the 3 week-long programmes.
Meetings this week
|Date & time||Venue||Details|
|Wednesday, 16th August, 10.30am
||Dundee Methodist Church, upstairs
||meeting with URC
|Wednesday, 16th August, 1pm
||Dundee Methodist Church, “L”
||Worship Consultation; everyone is warmly welcome to this open meeting for conversation and decision on our worship life. Topics will include arrangements for harvest worship, Café and Local Arrangement services, and a preliminary look ahead to Advent and Christmas. Please give any apologies, comments, suggestions, feedback or material to Sue Commander, the Consultation Convener.
Support other Organisations
Scottish Bible Society
Our support via the Bible-a-Month Partnership is invited in August for work in Iraq.
Our prayerful attention is drawn this week to
- the Bible Society in Netherlands Antilles and Aruba's provision of free Scripture portions to young people who drop out of school early;
- the Bible Society of Cambodia's partnership with local churches to offer some 600 literacy classes especially in rural areas;
- the Palestinian Bible Society's Bible Festivals during this year for children and young people;
- the Paraguayan Bible Society offering help by provision of food and medicine to towns and communities along the riverside, where many are “living in deep poverty”.
Update: in Cuba more than 84,000 Scriptures have been distributed as part of the on-going 'One Million Bible Mission' project - only a further 163,000 to be funded to reach the target of a million!
Prayer Points for this week
- the President of Conference at the Methodist Church in Hong Kong and Fijian Methodist Conference;
- implementation of changes to three Yorkshire Districts;
- developing relationships with partner churches throughout the Circuit;
- work, staff and supporters in Scotland (Methodist Homes);
- new project, for teenagers at the Sabra/Shatila Palestian refugee camps to return to education, run by the Joint Christian Committee in Lebanon (Embrace ME);
- partner SIKAT helping small island communities in the Philippines to prepare for typhoons (Christian Aid);
- work in Bangladesh and Mongolia (MAF);
- Bible Society work in Iraq;
- promotion, education and awareness-raising (The Leprosy Mission);
- we pray with and for the peoples of Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali, Mauritania, and Niger (WCC);
- we remember fellow Methodists in the West Norfolk Circuit (East Anglia District) and in Peterhead (North of Scotland Mission Circuit).