26 February 2017
5 March 2017
- 11 am
- Worship led by Mrs Sue Marshall-Jennings
We give the assurance of our thoughts and prayers to all who are unwell, awaiting or undergoing treatment, anxious, or grieving for the loss of loved ones.
This year Methodists throughout our Circuit are being invited
and encouraged to use the booklet of daily reflections provided
by “All We Can” - personal copies are being
distributed / available. Themes from this booklet will also be reflected during Sunday worship in Marketgait during Lent.
Arrangements suitable for Lent are being created for the
worship area, Beechwood Table and window.
Broughty Ferry Churches Group
The group gives a warm invitation to
Both the Monday and Wednesday groups will share experiences
and explore questions raised by material published by CTBI, entitled
'Returning Home: Christian Faith in
Encounter with Other Faiths'.
World Day of Prayer
On the first Friday of March each year our Christian sisters
invite us all to join in worship and fellowship with men, women
and children locally and world-wide.
This year's theme, for which material has been prepared by women
from the Philippines on the theme
“Am I being unfair to you?”
Services will be held at
Mondays 10am -12 noon (i/c Liz)
Thursdays 1pm - 3pm (i/c Sue)
Volunteers please contact Sue or Liz
More clothing is still needed; please have a good spring clean of
your wardrobes. Anything is welcome. We will
- keep good adult clothing for the clothesbank;
- send good clothing for children and teenagers to “Togs from Tots to Teens”;
- recycle clothes that are not suitable for either; we can raise money in this way.
Please take a collecting bag from the table at the top of the stairs or
ask a helper for one.
for March-May has been circulated by email; some print
copies are available from the vestibule table. To have your
name added to the list to receive either email or hard copies
regularly, please advise David Easson.
There have been two recent changes to the Plan as published,
which relate to Services in Arbroath.
BBC Songs of Praise recordings in Perth
BBC One's “Songs of Praise” programme will be recording in Perth in March.
More details and the application form.
Applications must be received by Tuesday 28th February 2017.
Meetings this week
Support other Organisations
Scottish Bible Society
Our support via the Bible-a-Month Partnership is invited in February for work in Cuba and in March for work in Kenya.
Our prayerful attention is drawn this week to
- Bible Society of Papua New Guinea providing Bible-based literacy
training for Bible colleges, also for use within communities and
- distribution of Bibles by the Bible Society of Kenya to schools
in deprived areas where “mass poverty has left thousand
s of families, who earn less than £2 per day, to raise their
children in slums”;
- development of an online presence by the Bible Society of
- Bible Society of South Africa producing resources to
teach basic literacy to pre-school children.
The Scottish Bible Society has been one of the two main
recipients of financial support from World Day of Prayer
Service offerings in Scotland. The other, for very many years
is Feed the Minds, an ecumenical literacy charity.
|Date & time||Venue||Details|
|Saturday, 25th March, 10am to 3.30pm
Methodist Church, Queen Street
||District Safeguarding Support Day. It is important that every church and circuit has sufficient representation
there; if you wish to know more about the Day or to attend yourself,
please let Sue (as Safeguarding Officer) or any Church Steward know.
|Saturday, 13th May, 11am to 3pm
||City of Edinburgh Methodist Church
||Methodist Women in Britain District Fellowship
Day. The Speaker will be the Rev
Jackie Bellfield on the theme “O fill my cup - overflowing
Prayer Points for this week
- the President of Conference at the Probationers' Retreat, Monday-Thursday, the Vice-President in the West Yorkshire District, Wednesday-Saturday;
- Faith and Order Committee, next weekend;
- MWIB District representatives meeting, Armadale, Sat;
- maintenance of Circuit property (churches & manses);
- work in the Bristol District (Methodist Homes);
- Palestinian farmers and their land (Embrace ME);
- Fairtrade Fortnight, from Monday (Christian Aid);
- Bible Society work in Cuba and in Kenya;
- work in Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, and Zambia (The Leprosy Mission);
- work in Bangladesh (MAF);
- we pray with and for the peoples of Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands (WCC);
- we remember fellow Methodists in the Liverpool North Circuit
(Liverpool District) and in
Kilsyth (Strathclyde Circuit).