23 July 2017
30 July 2017
- 10.45 am
- Refreshments available at tables
- 11 am
- Café-style Worship led by Mrs Jenny Easson
We give the assurance of our thoughts and prayers to all who are unwell, awaiting or undergoing treatment, anxious, or grieving for the loss of loved ones.
Ministerial Cover in July
For Ministerial Cover in July please contact Keith Pearson in the first instance; the Rev Dr David P Easton will be available also if required.
- CLOSED this week for “helpers' holidays”
- new Volunteers invited (contact Sue or Liz)
- donations of Clothing welcome
- 'Rag bag' collection point: table at top of stairs - recycle and fund-raise!
- Starter Packs are desperately in need of curtains or material: spare curtains no longer needed by you would be very much appreciated.
Grenfell Tower Fund donation
The following letter of thanks has been sent by the London District:
Dear Dundee Methodist Church
The London District of the Methodist Church would like to express its sincerest thanks to the overwhelming response to the needs of those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire. The outpouring of generosity and goodwill reaffirmed God's love lived out in people today. We are writing to you to say a huge thank you for the generosity of your donation of £131.20.
This money will go towards supporting those affected by the disaster at Grenfell Tower and those who have been impacted indirectly (emergency services and the residents of Grenfell). We will later in the year send out a detailed update on the significance of your donation.
This fund will help us to show God's love at a difficult time in the life of our city and we thank you for your ongoing support and prayers. With best wishes.
Manse Open Day
Our new circuit minister, Nik Wooller, is arriving in Blairgowrie on Tuesday 1st August. There will be an opportunity for all circuit members to see the Blairgowrie manse on Saturday 29th July from 11:00 to 14:00. If you can't manage at this time but would like to see the manse before it is occupied, please ring Sheila / Keith Pearson.
Cleaning and chair stacking
Caragh will be taking holiday this month, so cover is needed for her cleaning and chair-removal duties. Please assist in moving the chairs, if you are able, after worship throughout July.
Request for Prayers on 'Mission'
'Following on from the excellent District Prayer Diary that Jill Baker produced for us last year, I am hoping that we can have a similarly inspiring one this year. I invite you to submit prayers, meditations, stories and other reflections, particularly around 'mission'. This may be something that your church is involved with - at home or abroad - or it may be thoughts around the need for mission and our call to discipleship. I look forward to hearing back, either directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or via Fiona at District Office, by the end of July. Many thanks. Sue Marshall-Jennings'
Prayer Handbook: 2017-18
A bulk order will be made on behalf of all the Circuit's churches; please sign the list on the vestibule table if you wish to order a copy, or contact Jenny Easson. The cost for an ordinary print copy is £3.50, large print £3.95.
Further training is now required for “all those who participated in the initial Safeguarding training 5 or more years ago”.
Sessions have been arranged as follows; all last from 2-4pm:
|Tuesday 8 August
|Thursday 24 August
|Tuesday 5 September
|Thursday 21 September
Please advise Marcia Mackenzie if you plan to attend one of these sessions. If you should be receiving this training, and none of these dates is suitable, please advise a Church Steward and/or contact Marcia Mackenzie; it is possible that an evening session can be arranged.
All are welcome - Safeguarding is the responsibility of each and every one of us.
Meetings this week
|Date & time
|Friday, 28th July
|Dundee Methodist Church
|Saturday, 29th July, 11am - 2pm
|Manse Open Day
Support other Organisations
Scottish Bible Society
Our support via the Bible-a-Month Partnership is invited in July for work in Argentina.
Our prayerful attention is drawn this week to
- translation of the Bible into modern Croatian;
- provision by the Bible Society of Ethiopia of Bibles and storybooks for children aged 5-14;
- Argentine Bible Society's translation of the Bible into the West Toba language;
- planning for launch of the New Testament in modern Gaelic.
|Date & time
|Wednesday, 2nd August, 7.30pm
|St Mary's Scottish Episcopal
Church, Broughty Ferry
|“Pipe Meets Organ”; part of a tour of Scotland by Sebastian Schmook & Christian Lontzek, 2 musicians from Germany. Sebastian is a church organist in Cologne and an arranger of works for bagpipes and organ; Christian, a Lutheran pastor at Halberstadt, is well-known in folk music & piping circles.
The programme will include works by JS Bach, Beethoven, Susato, Nunéz and others; tickets (£10) will be available at the door on the night.
Prayer Points for this week
- the President and Vice-President of Conference visiting the Isle of Man next weekend;
- Methodist Ministers and families 'on the move';
- residents, staff and supporters in the West Yorkshire District (Methodist Homes);
- medical care for refugees offered by Refuge Egypt (Embrace ME);
- “In Their Lifetime” initiative's assistance with organic farming projects in India (Christian Aid);
- work in Indonesia (MAF);
- Bible Society work in Argentina;
- work in Ethiopia, Uganda, Sudan, and South Sudan (The Leprosy Mission);
- we pray with and for the peoples of Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, and Rwanda (WCC);
- we remember fellow Methodists in the Cambridge Circuit (East Anglia District) and in Wallacestone (Central Scotland Circuit, soon to form part of the new Forth Valley Circuit).