26 November 2017
3 December 2017
- 11 am
- Worship led by Professor John Sawkins
We give the assurance of our thoughts and prayers to all who are unwell, awaiting or undergoing treatment, anxious, or grieving for the loss of loved ones.
Coffee Morning for the Clothes Bank
This fund-raising and social event, arranged in conjunction with Dundee Council, will be held upstairs in Marketgait on the morning of Saturday 9th December.
There will be refreshments and stalls; also opportunity to join in decorating the Christmas Tree. Our support is warmly invited.
More details from Sue Marshall-Jennings or Nick Baker.
This has been circulated by email and there are some printed copies on the vestibule table. If you wish either an electronic or hard copy each Quarter, please sign the paper on the table or contact David Easson.
- Urgently Wanted: CARRIER BAGS
- Always wanted: volunteers - to join the rota, please contact Margaret. Men are especially welcome, since we have more male than female customers.
- There are regular uplifts of items in the “rag bag” - any still usable item of clothing or footwear can be contributed and money from the sale enables purchase of underwear and socks for clients.
Bible reading notes
'Fresh from the word' 2018 costs £9.95 for the print edition, and £6.99 for the Kindle edition from Amazon. Please let Margaret Goudie know if you would like a print copy; she will attempt to source them without postage charges.
Methodist Prayer Handbook 2018-19
Contributions are invited for the next edition, which will have the theme of A World Transformed by God's Love.
Contributions, not exceeding 120 words or 12 lines, should be sent, with name & postal address, to
email@example.com, by Friday 12th January 2018. Photos fitting the theme may also be submitted. More details - essential if you intend to submit a contribution.
Meetings this week
|Date & time
|Tuesday, 28th November, 10.30am
|Dundee Methodist Church, “L”
|Friday, 1st December, 7.30pm
|Barnhill St Margaret's
|Impromptu Singers Christmas Concert; £5. Proceeds to church's projects in the Philippines.
|Sunday, 3rd December
|Fowlis Village Hall
|Samuel Chorus Christmas Concert.
Support other Organisations
Scottish Bible Society
Our support via the Bible-a-Month Partnership is invited in November for work in Bulgaria and in December for work in Guinea-Bissau.
Our prayerful attention is drawn this week to
- Czech Bible Society's production of 2,000 large print Bibles;
- Bible Society of Lithuania's translation of the Bible into contemporary language;
- Bible Society of the Republic of Macedonia's production of the Gospels in Macedonian Sign Language for the deaf community;
- work of the Bible Society in Guinea-Bissau where there is a great need to supply Bibles to people with low incomes;
- completion of the SBS New Testament modern Gaelic translation project.
|Date & time
|Saturday, 9th December, 7pm
| 'Songs for the Season' with Bruce Davies; info 01382 320493
|Sunday, 10th December, 7.30pm
|Dundee Choral Concert; various works including Rutter's “Gloria” . Tickets are £15.00, Students and Unemployed £5.00. Accompanied School Pupils are admitted FREE.
|Friday, 2nd March, 10am to 3.30pm
|Perth Methodist Church
|Preparing for Bible Month studying Jonah. Professor John Drane and Olive Fleming Drane will lead local preachers and worship leaders, small group leaders and anyone who would like an opportunity to enhance their biblical knowledge and understanding. Lunch and refreshments will be provided at this free event. More details and how to book.
|Saturday, 3rd March, 10am to 3.30pm
|Perth Methodist Church
|Reimagining Church Forum, led by Trey Hall (church planter, coach and mentor). Lunch and refreshments will be provided at this free event. More details and how to book.
Prayer Points for this week
- the President and Vice-President of Conference meeting the Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland in Westminster on Friday;
- Connexional Grants Committee, Strategy and Resources Committee meetings, Tuesday & Thursday;
- outcomes of District Policy Committee meeting;
- Circuit Treasurers and local Church Treasurers;
- work in the East Anglia District (Methodist Homes);
- World AIDS Day, Friday (Christian Aid);
- work in Tanzania (MAF);
- Coptic Orthodox Church Anafora retreat centre's work with women (Embrace ME);
- work in Chad, Guinea and Niger (The Leprosy Mission);
- we pray with and for the peoples of Brunei, Malaysia, and Singapore (WCC);
- we remember Methodists in the West Durham Circuit (Darlington District) and in Granton Ecumenical Partnership with the URC. (Forth Valley Circuit).