News Sheet: 2004
This is listings of editions of the news sheet from 2004, listed in chronological order, with the
most recent at the top.
Current editions can be found on the
News Sheet page.
- 26th December 2004
- “Come as You Are”.
- 19th December 2004
- “Come as You Are”, Creche arrangements, Property Items,
Financial support of the Church, Christmas Day worship, NCH: ‘Growing up is
- 12th December 2004
- City Square Carol Singing, Circuit Workshop working group, Scottish Bible Society,
Amnesty International – Global Letter-writing Campaign 2004.
- 5th December 2004
- Advent Worship, Christmas greetings & arrangements, Jericho House Coffee Morning,
“Annapurna Base Camp”, NCH.
- 28th November 2004
- Flower Rota, Broughty Ferry Churches Group. Advent Worship, Circuit Preachers’ Meeting,
Christmas decorations from Bethlehem, UNICEF Jars of Grace, Scottish Bible Society,
Feed The Minds, Mendelssohn’s “Elijah”, United Ecumenical Worship,
- 21st November 2004
- Preparing for Worship, Ecumenical Worship, Advent Worship,
Link Club News, International Bible Reading Association,
Preaching Plans for December 2004 – February 2005, The Leprosy Mission,
Broughty Ferry Churches Group present “Carol Swing”.
- 14th November 2004
- UNICEF “Jars of Grace”, “No Sacrifice Too Great”,
Dundee University Music Society Concerts, Mary Slessor Foundation,
Methodist Relief & Development Fund, Dundee Mountain Film Festival.
- 7th November 2004
- Preparing for Worship, Advent / Christmas Worship, IBRA,
Appointment of a part-time Tutor in Scotland, Orthodox Thanks, Scottish Bible Society,
Craigie Street Sheltered Housing
Association “Christmas Fayre”, “Aladdin”,
Downfield Musical Society Panto, ‘Mission Adventure 2005’.
- 31st October 2004
- Preparing for Worship, Focus on Worship, Network News No 2 2004, Guild Open Afternoon,
Broughty Ferry Churches Group meeting, Pastoral training led by Frances Simpson of The Princess
Royal Trust for Carers, Methodist Homes, Scottish Bible Society.
- 24th October 2004
- Methodist Homes Sunday, Pastoral Committee résumé,
UNICEF “Jars of Grace”, Link Club Helpers’ meeting, Focus on Worship,
Head for Holyrood, The Leprosy Mission, “Zambia Revisited 2004”.
- 17th October 2004
- Pastoral Committee, “Come as You Are”.
- 10th October 2004
- Can you make tea?, One World Week – “Your Move”,
Church Council Résumé, “Meeting the Challenge of Global Debt and Poverty”,
Launch of Scotland’s Vote for Trade Justice, Focus on Worship,
“An Evening with Alastair”, UNICEF “Jars of Grace”.
- 3rd October 2004
- Circuit Meeting Résumé, Church Council, Traidcraft, 24-7 Prayer.
- 26th September 2004
- CARE for Scotland ‘Public Policy Roadshow’,
NCH Christmas cards and CD, Scottish Bible Society News,
“Hats & Gloves” exhibition.
- 19th September 2004
- Link Club – Enable Bowling Challenge - sponsorship required, Finance & Property Committees,
The Leprosy Mission, Seven Arches Trust concert, Harvest Workshop, Trade Justice Campaign,
Scottish Bible Society.
- 12th September 2004
- “Come as You Are”, Ministry in our Church, Communion Worship Books,
Circuit Preachers’ Meeting, concert
in aid of the British Heart Foundation, Scotland District Synod, Hunger lunch at the
Cornerstone Coffee House, Institute of Biblical Studies, MV Anastosis, “the World’s Largest Non-governmental Hospital Ship”,
D4C (‘Dundee for Christ’) presents “Superhero”,
Public Talk by the
Venerable Llama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche, European Puppet Ministry Festival.
- 5th September 2004
- New Stewards, Ministry in our Church, Letter from David Firth, Link Club – Enable Bowling Challenge,
Communion Worship Books, From the Rev Jean Murrie, Library News, Circuit Leadership Team,
Broughty Ferry Churches Group, Wedding.
- 29th August 2004
- Pastoral Care, Link Club, Harvest, Scottish Bible Society.
- 22nd August 2004
- Worship Group report, Preaching Plans, Caird Hall organ recital, Service and Mission
Committee, Scottish Bible Society, “Friends of Magdalene House” Coffee Morning,
Dundee Accordion Band Concert, Downfield Musical Society – “Oliver” and
- 15th August 2004
- Pastoral Committee, Abernyte Church Flower Festival, NCH “Children Today”.
- 8th August 2004
- Circuit Farewell Service for the Rev Jean Murrie, Synod Worship Group,
The Leprosy Mission, Scottish Bible Society.
- 1st August 2004
- Sudan Appeal, Communion, Link Club News, Aglow Dinner, The Factory Skatepark,
Trade Justice Campaign, International Finance Facility (IFF).
- 25th July 2004
- Methodist Conference 2006 in Scotland, Scottish Bible Society, Feed The Minds.
- 18th July 2004
- Ministerial pastoral cover, “Come as You Are” – study material,
Study Packs, Seven Arches Trust.
- 11th July 2004
- Church Council News, Future meetings – proposed dates, Mission in Britain / Home Missions,
Christian Aid Sudan Appeal.
- 4th July 2004
- Scottish Bible Society News, Methodist Relief & Development Fund,
“Mirror Bead Thread” exhibition.
- 27th June 2004
- “Project 2004” – Slessor Foundation, forthcoming Church Council,
Arbroath Church Newsletter, Property Committee, Traidcraft thanks, Scottish Bible Society,
Feed The Minds, Palmerston Place Church Festival concerts.
- 20th June 2004
- Circuit Meeting résumé, The Leprosy Mission.
- 13th June 2004
- News-sheet Circulation, Circuit Meeting, Circuit Preachers’ Meeting,
Greek Orthodox worship, Scottish Churches Community Trust, One World Centre AGM.
- 6th June 2004
- Preaching Plans, Vote to Combat Intolerance, Enable 50th anniversary Report, Scottish Bible Society.
- 30th May 2004
- “Come As You Are” - an exploration of what belonging to the Methodist Church
means, General Church Meeting Résumé, “Sponsored Jigsaw Event”
for Slessor Foundation, “Prom Praise” for The Leprosy Mission (Scotland).
- 23rd May 2004
- Festive Eucharist for Pentecost, Scottish Bible Society, Aglow International Dinner,
Network District Day, Holidays with Meaning.
- 16th May 2004
- Friends of ACTS, Broughty Ferry Churches Youth Initiative - Treasure Hunt Walk & BBQ,
Christian Aid envelopes, Feed The Minds, Sponsored Jigsaw Event, Painting Days at Scottish
Churches House, “Dunblane Conversations”.
- 9th May 2004
- Communion Celebration, Easter Offerings Appeal, Moderator of the General Assembly of the
United Free Church of Scotland, Christian Aid Week, Traidcraft stall,
Scottish Churches Community Trust, Scottish Bible Society, “The Life of Jesus Christ”,
Dundas Estate (South Queensferry).
- 2nd May 2004
- Church Council report, Scottish Bible Society, The Leprosy Mission.
- 25th April 2004
- Monthly United Service cancelled, Church Council, For Our Thought and Action?,
Link Club AGM, The Leprosy Mission, ‘If My People…’ in Nottingham,
‘Mission Adventure 2005’ - Swanwick.
- 18th April 2004
- Easter Offerings Appeal, Church Council, Network - the Women's Network of the Methodist Church,
District Day, Overnight Event, General Church Meeting, “Project 2004” gathering,
Traidcraft Bulletins, Link Club and Enable 50th anniversary, Usborne Books, “Dunblane Conversations”.
- 11th April 2004
- Tay Bridge Sponsored Crossing for Christian Aid.
- 4th April 2004
- Holy Week Services in Dundee and Broughty Ferry, “Resurrection Day”.
- 28th March 2004
- “Holy Communion” Open Meeting, Network News, News-sheet, Ecumenical Lent Service at
Marketgait, National Counselling Service: Dundee, Usborne Books, New Lydian Singers – “An Evening of Music”,
Christian Youth Festival, “Xposed”.
- 21st March 2004
- Free Tickets, Circuit Meeting Résumé, Lost Property,
“Holy Communion” Open Meeting, The Leprosy Mission, District “Faith Resource Day”,
- 14th March 2004
- Easter Offerings Appeal, St Andrews Chorus, Scottish Bible Society,
“Suddenly One Morning!”, Ecumenical Service and Picnic, Inchcolm Island
in the River Forth
- 7th March 2004
- Church Council date, Photocopier, Accommodation Request,
Christian Aid Open Meeting, Broughty Ferry Lent Study Group,
Muslim-Christian Inter-faith Dialogue, Dundee Choral Union - Spring Concert
- 29th February 2004
- World Day of Prayer, Quiet Room
- 22nd February 2004
- Quiet Room, Sunday worship in Lent and Easter, Midweek Worship / Study Groups,
Our Project 2004, Circuit News, Church Council Résumé, City Centre Churches Lent Group,
Ash Wednesday Service,
The Leprosy Mission, 60th Anniversary of Methodist Homes, “What do you do with
- 15th February 2004
- Project 2004, Worship Group Résumé, Flowers, Dundee Inter Faith Association,
Tay Bridge Sponsored Crossing for Christian Aid.
- 8th February 2004
- Pastoral Committee, Church Council, Christian Aid Scotland News, “The Role of Education
“Mother of All Peoples”, Circuit “Story-Telling” Workshop, “Getting God to Work”,
Broughty Ferry Churches Youth Initiative events.
- 1st February 2004
“Project 2004 Gathering”, Door Stewards Rota, Flower Rota, Scottish Bible Society,
The Quaker Tapestry, The Maidie Hart Lecture, 60th Anniversary of Methodist Homes,
Seven Arches Trust, District “Faith Resource Day”.
- 25th January 2004
Iran Earthquake Appeal, Ecumenical Worship, Service & Mission
Committee Résumé, Open meeting on Holy Communion, The Leprosy Mission,
Homelessness, Salvation Army Govan Band.
- 18th January 2004
Service & Mission Committee – action points, “Jesus is the Name We Honour”,
‘Contact the Elderly’, Christian Aid News, Unity Octave – Aleppo.
- 11th January 2004
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, Unity octave, Traidcraft, Service and Mission Committee,
Circuit Forum, Broughty Ferry Churches Group coffee with worship, Scottish Bible Scociety,
- 4th January 2004
Stair chair use, Scottish Churches House, District Methodist Office,
NCH kitchen month, NCH offerings, Scottish bible Society - Ethiopia, Circuit Forum